Saturday, July 09, 2005

VCF FOC 2005!

back from vcf camp! glad i was there though i was pang-seh-ed by my friend the day before the camp.=P went there with the motive of meeting new freshies ( and partly to make the rest of my hols a tad more meaningful ) but learnt so much more from Him. was truely by His grace that led me to the camp. to be honest, i didn't feel much for most part of the camp-felt i was simply going through the motions, being 'rahrah' for a while with the freshies but being really sian after that. didn't learn anything till the last day of camp during one of the theme talks by pastor malcom tan in 2 corinthians chapter 6-7:1 .

think what struck me most was probably the part where he beckoned all who were at the camp not to tarry in whatever the Holy spirit prompted us to do; not to put off doing things to another day lest our hearts became hardened. " As God's fellow workers we urge you not to receive God's grace in vain. For he says, " IN the time of my favour I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you. " I tell you, now is the time of God's favour, now is the day of salvation."(verses 1 and 2) it spoke to me because i felt i was stagnating in my service for Him; sometimes i procrastinate and just push my reponsibilities away simply because I didn't feel like coming out of my comfort zone to meet new people; not feeling like doing something cause i thought it would drain me; not even attempting to do my best for him because i would be so absorbed in my own little world -feelings of self pity ; inadequacy.

Not exactly sure what He wants me to do for Him right now, will probably pray about it more. But for now , i guess i will continue to serve Him in whatever ways i can.
Guess this lesson tugged at my heart also because of the recent bombings at London. first heard the news in camp, and it really made me think about how pressing spreading His word is-life is so fragile- would i leave this earth regretting that i didn't share the gospel to my closest friends simply because i was lazy ? because of my selfishness?

God also spoke to me on another matter in the camp through devotional sharing on the last day in Corinthians 6:11-13 " We have spoken freely to you, Corinthians, and opened wide our hearts to you. We are not withholding our affection from you, but you are withholding yours from us. As a fair exchange,- I speak as to my children-open wide your hearts also". Had been feeling spiritually dry the past days, and this verse spoke to me. made me reflect on how i have been so engrossed in what i was feeling by keeping it to myself. was encouraged by the sharing the previous night - where ming hui shared about how one can be surrounded by groups of people yet still feel alone. feel the same way sometimes as well, and this passage encourages me to open my heart to Him and to let Him take control. it's so easy to forget that we're not alone - that He's there.

so much more to share- but guess i'll just share the theme song for the camp which touched my heart. speaks volumes. Thank God for music and poetry!! =)

How can I stand before You Lord
When I am a sinner,
In need of your mercy
In need of your saving grace?
Draw me nearer to You,
In the warmth of Your embrace
Surrounded by your abounding love
I will be one with You again

Under the banner of Your love I'll stand
And I'm so humbled and amazed
That for me You sent your son to die
So now I'm saved just by Your grace
As Your amazing love compels my heart
Jesus this is what I pray
May I die to self, and live for You
Who died and rose again.

Now I can stand before Your Lord,
Though I am a sinner
You poured out your mercy
You poured out your saving grace
Now I can be near You
Feel the warmth of your embrace
Surrounded by Your abounding love
I am at one with You again

2 Comments:

Blogger ketsugi said...

Thought I'd just let you know that I've linked to this entry from my blog. Here's the URL:

http://www.ketsugi.com/?itemid=945

4:12 PM  
Blogger purplecross said...

hey florence, haha.. thanks to joel, i find out that u have a blog!!welcome to blog world:P

1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home