Tuesday, June 21, 2005

a lesson on love

Before i start,a great song which milton recommended me to.really nice!! it's called " indescripable" The chorus just reminds me His sovereignty once again. was really touched when i heard it.

You're indescripable, uncontainable
You who put the stars in their place
And called them out by name
And I stand in awe of You.
yea, anyway, had a lesson on love today. " Choosing the right partner" haa. yea. was pretty interesting to hear joe share his experiences of his "love life" i o n s ago. =P have been thinking about this issue for a while now as well, so i felt that this was a good time to have a ' refresher' course about BGR. Yupz, even at my age. =x
just brought back memories of the past; and was reminded of the categories i placed my " dream guy" into back in secondary school. remember that Miss Lim asked us to list a set of qualities that we would want in our bf/gf in the future during civics and moral education. it seems pretty funny now come to think of it- cause everytime when people would ask me to do that , the qualities i chose would always be that of "the one" that i had a crush on at that point of time. ( even though i would desperately attempt to be as objective as possible, and would bashfully deny any claims of having a crush). ah, the good old days. simple, sweet,innocent fun.
anyway, just for the record ( for posterity's sake) i'll just list down the things i wrote ( as accurately as possible ) ..
1. must be intellectual
2. can make me laugh
3. gentlemently
4. must be taller than me ( if not, same height also can)
5. must be older than me ( by days also can)
physical features
*** nice eyes!!!
it's really quite humourous, don't you think?
Today, almost 6 years later, most of the qualities that i was looking for are probably still going to stay, but i can say most certainly that these three; must be more spiritually mature than me 2. we must share the same passions/ interests ( at least in some way) 3. family oriented are definitely going to be added to my list and placed in the top 3 positions!! haa.
Took me a while to get no 1 right though. bleargh. really.
Think the most important reminder that I've gotten from this session today was to place God first place in my life; whiter in my relationships, my work- even the seemingly mundane things. Yupz.
Hmm... still waiting for " the one" who will sweep me off my feet. someone who can bring a smile to my face. i think i might be ready. am I? haa.
L O V E

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home