Monday, June 20, 2005

Back to You

“We Christians must simplify our lives or lose untold treasures on earth and in eternity. Modern civilization is so complex as to make the devotional life all but impossible. The need for solitude and quietness was never greater than it is today.”
— A. W. Tozer

So true. Have been dying for a break after 3 camps and 1 looong conference. Finally, there was time for me today to take a breather and talk to Him. Been a while since i really sat down and poured out my heart to Him. Been caught up in the hustle of " modern civilization". Hustling and moving along with the crowd. Worshipping, listening to sermons, corporate prayer, games, conversations-all well and good; but after a while i just felt really drained. felt restless. felt spiritually dry.

Was thankful for sunday's sermon and time of praise and worship. Felt the Lord's call for me to surrender loud and strong through pastor kow. The Holy Communion couldn't be at a better time as well. A time of renewal of my commitments to Him. God was there. Felt really comforted as He assured me that His plans would always be for the best for me even though i'm thoroughly confused about different matters at the moment and lost as to what cause of action i should take; or whether i should do anything about them at all.

Today marks a fresh commitment to Him. I admit, I haven't exactly gotten things sorted out yet completely; but knowing that He's there just overrides all and makes it all better i guess. =)
Don't laugh..but i actually paralleled my mopping of the floor to the gradual cleansing of my heart with the Lord's help. Go you stubborn stain; yea..clean all of it up. Haha..ok..doesn't exactly sound right; but you get the idea. =P

Looking forward to another time devoted to You, You alone. No one else knows me like You do.

Unto You,
Be all glory and praise
How my heart seeks Your face,
As I'm waiting on You
Only You,
Are my strength and my tower,
Fill my life with Your power,
As I stand here in awe of You.
I stand here in awe of You.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home